nstructions to Manage Audio on HootBoard OS.
- You need to have a USB keyboard handy.
- You’ll need to know the hbos admin passcode ( you’ll get this from you account manager ) and ( for advanced cases the kiosk administrator password as well. )
- Connect the USB Keyboard to the kiosk and then press CTRL + ALT + RIGHT arrow key
- It will bring up the following screen
- You’ll now need to enter the hbos admin passcode. Please Note: That this passcode can only be entered via the Touchpad and NOT using the keyboard.
- Once the passcode has been entered successfully, you’ll see the following screen
- To change the audio settings, you can select the tile labelled Audio.
- It will bring up the following screen.
- You need to select the Output Device tab, The correct Audio port will be selected by default, in case it is not and you’re not hearing any audio, you can make sure you select “HDMI/Display port” from the dropdown, typically the connected device will show the text “plugged in” next to it.
- Once the correct audio port is selected you can go ahead and set the appropriate volume.
- If you press CTRL + ALT + LEFT, you’ll be taken back to the Kiosk UI.
- To test if Audio has been configured correctly, you can play a video on the Kiosk
UI, and then press CTRL + ALT + RIGHT to go to the admin UI and change the settings, the Video will continue playing in the background and you should be able to hear whether the volume or audio settings are getting configured properly.
- Once everything is done. You can reboot from the Admin UI and unplug the keyboard.
- Once the Kiosk has been rebooted, you can check if everything is working as you configured.
Enjoy your HootBoard Kiosk.
For any questions or assistance write to email@example.com or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign in to leave a comment.